Can I Become A Canadian Citizen If My Child Was Born In Canada?


How to become a Canadian Citizen If your Child Was Born In Canada? Canada is one of the few countries that automatically gives your child citizenship if it was born here, even if as a parent, you are not a Canadian citizen.

But just because your child was born in Canada does not mean that you are granted citizenship or allowed to stay in the country and become a Canadian citizen.

There are a couple of options open to you as a parent. Which one you choose will determine the type of visa you are on while in Canada and where you ultimately want to live

Permanent Residency

If you want to live in Canada when your visa expires, you can apply for Canada’s PR program. A permanent resident is an immigrant who resides in Canada permanently but is still a citizen of another country.

There are Five 5 different pathways to getting a Permanent Resident card (i.e the card was given to those granted Permanent Residency). All these options are open to you to apply from.

  • Express Entry
  • Family Class
  • Business Immigration
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

If you desire to move back to your home country while raising your child, this option allows your child to sponsor you in 18 years. When your child attains adulthood, they can apply for a Super Visa.

The super visa permits them to bring you and your parents to Canada. But, the Canadian government is currently restricting this particular type of visa. Therefore, it may not be an option in the coming years.

Temporary Visa

Another option open to you is the temporary visa. These visas include study visas and work visas. The advantage of filling for this type of visa is that you will have time to decide whether you wish to apply for permanent residency.

In conclusion, If you desire to become a Canadian citizen, there are several legal ways to obtain residency if your child was born here. You can apply for PR or get your child to sponsor you, once your child meets the requirements.


  1. I like come to Canada but not get line.I see many add and I give apply.Result zero.I say you you have to possible provide me please give me massege or phone.Iwill send passport or other paper.I have long time experience driving and cleaning supervisor and transport supervisor. Or any like this job Thank you.+01762093919

  2. انا مواطن جزائري + ابحث عن وظيفة ادارية مميزة لمتكلم اللغة العربية فقط + وابلغ من العمر 56 سنة من مواليد 1963 + ولي خبرة 30 سنة عمل في الادارة الجزائرية + تخصص ادارة عامة
    I am an Algerian citizen + I am looking for a distinguished administrative job for the speaker of the Arabic language only + I am 56 years of age. I was born in 1963 + I have 30 years experience in the Algerian administration.

  3. Canada is one of the best country in the world,which I like to go I will be so grateful if you could help me out…

  4. Salut,jai mes 30ans et je serai vraiment d’aller travaillé et être un citoyen canadien.
    Suis chauffeur depuis de 12ans .
    Diplômé en maçonnérie au centre de formation professionnel de boké(CFP)
    Diplômé a l’Institut supérieur des mines et géologie de Boké blanche Informatique minière diplôme obtenu TECHNICIEN SUPÉRIEUR .

  5. Hi I won’t work and living in Canada Canada is one of the best country in all over the world which I like living in thier often I full fill the form but not result please help me how can I obtain the Canada immigration visa and I have very experience in the work specialy in cleaner vaccinate and many more like this thank you

  6. I like this country since 10 year old is my ambition move to Canadá i need this opportunities please find some think to help me


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here